As Museum Host, you are primarily responsible for delivering an excellent visitor experience to everyone who comes into the Museum. This includes:
- Providing a prompt and cheerful greeting, giving visitors an orientation to the grounds and facilities, and getting them started on their self-guided tour of the Museum
- Checking in on visitors regularly as they move through the Museum, answering questions about exhibits, artifacts, and local history
- Helping develop and deliver programs and activities that adhere to social-distancing guidelines
- Staffing the gift shop and maintaining the cleanliness of grounds and facilities.
Depending on your skills and abilities, this position also provides an opportunity for an independent exhibit-development project.
This position will be funded through Canada Summer Jobs. We can only consider applications from people who meet all of the following criteria:
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or refugee;
- Legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of the work term (5 July 2020)
We have received funding for a maximum of 280 hours of work, which is the equivalent of eight weeks at 35 hours per week (5 July – 29 August 2020). However, we can consider part-time work and extend the position into September. If you are the right candidate, we will work together to establish a schedule that meets your needs and ours.
Hourly rate of pay is $15, plus 4% in lieu of holidays. The Museum is open Tuesday to Saturday; all shifts will fall on those days and will normally be 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Specific work schedule may vary.
Apply now! Send your resume and cover letter to Tammy Bradford, Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 PM on Friday, June 12, 2020.