Even though our ability to open for the summer is still in question, we are beginning to receive confirmation of funding for summer student positions! We've been redefining planned projects to give them a less visitor-facing focus, and developing strategies to ensure a safe workplace that adheres to social-distancing guidelines.
As of 18 April 2020, funding for three positions has been confirmed. We expect to hear about one other position very soon, and details will be posted here as soon as they are confirmed.
Eligibility Criteria: These positions are funded through Young Canada Works. We can only consider applications from people who meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada;
- Legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- Have finished the school term at the start of employment;
- Have been a full-time student January-April 2020;
- Intend to return to full-time studies in September 2020;
- Able to commit to full-time work (40 hours per week) for the full duration of the work term;
- Do not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) over the summer.
Click on the job titles below for more details about the positions and the skills, qualifications, and previous experience we're looking for.
Apply now! Send your resume and cover letter to Tammy Bradford, Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 PM on Friday, May 15, 2020. Virtual interviews will take place during the week of May 18.
We also hope to have an Assistant Curator position available this year - making improvements to existing exhibits and developing new interpretive materials for future visitors.
Details will be posted as soon as funding is confirmed!