Let our knowledgeable guides show you around the community! Cemeteries, downtown, residential areas – we’ll show you the fun and fascinating stories you walk past every day.
Book a Museum About Town program exclusively for you and your guests. Available Tuesday through Saturday, starting any time between 10:00 Am and 2:00 PM. $20 per group; maximum six people per group please.
To book: Call 250-428-9262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Advance booking highly recommended to ensure availability.
Take your pick from any of our popular tours:
- History Downtown: Trace the evolution of Creston’s commercial district, the events that made it change, and the evidence it left behind. Start and end at the Visitor Information Centre, 121 Northwest Boulevard. Six blocks, good sidewalks, stairs are optional. Approximately 60 minutes.
- The Great Creston Bank Robbery: On October 20, 1925, two men walk into the Imperial Bank. What happens next turns into one of the weirdest—and funniest—episodes in Creston’s history. Start and end at the Visitor Information Centre, 121 Northwest Boulevard. Six blocks, good sidewalks, no stairs. Approximately 45 minutes.
- The Dow Addition: Explore one of Creston’s oldest residential neighbourhoods and meet some of the notable people who lived there. Start and end at the main entrance of Adam Robertson School, 421—9th Ave N. Nine blocks with possible extension to fifteen depending on the group. Narrow streets; few sidewalks; some short steep hills. Approximately 90 minutes.
- Settlers and Pioneers (Pioneer Cemetery): Take a fascinating look at the people who built the community—and explore the strange history of Pioneer Cemetery itself. Meet at the main gate of Pioneer Cemetery, 315—11th Ave S. Short distance, uneven terrain, some hills. Approximately 60 minutes.
- Coming to Canada (Forest Lawn Cemetery): People from all over the world have made an impact on the Creston Valley. Share the stories and experiences of a few of them. Meet at the top of the hill in Forest Lawn Cemetery, 602—36 Ave N. Short distances, fairly level ground. Tour route may be restricted or adjusted to respect any funeral services. Approximately 45 minutes.