May 20 – August 29:
Tuesday-Saturday, 10:00 – 4:00
Your support helps us continue sharing the story of the Creston Valley with you!
To help ensure everyone enjoys their visit safely:
- Please delay your visit if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms.
- Masks and hand sanitizer are available.
- We have self-guided brochures available with a route marked – please follow that route and maintain distance from other groups to reduce congestion.
- Some areas may be closed to maintain social distancing.
- Photographs are allowed! Handling artifacts is not, unless specifically indicated.
- Our staff love to answer questions and hear your stories!
Bringing a group of more than five people? Please contact us in advance to make arrangements so we can maintain appropriate distancing.
Programs and Activities: Our usual seasonal events are cancelled, but we are looking at ways to offer outdoor programs, such as walking tours or family activities, that you can book exclusively for your own group of up to five people. Once we have all our plans and protocols in place for that, we will let you know. In the meantime, there’s still lots of fun stuff coming at you virtually – check out our “Daily Dose of History” posts for all sorts of ways to connect with the community and its story.
Research Services: The Archives research space is shared with our staff work spaces. We need to make sure we are not overcrowding that space and can properly clean common surfaces between visitors. Therefore, research services are available by appointment only. Contact us by phone (250-428-9262) or email (email@example.com) to book your appointment. Please do not visit if you are experiencing any cold- or flu-like symptoms. We provide research services via phone and email, too (research fees apply, but we try to be as affordable as possible!).
Donating Objects: If you have an object to donate to the Museum, please help us ensure the safety of our staff and volunteers:
- Do not donate objects from homes where there is a risk of contagion
- Please do not bring objects to the Museum if you are experiencing any cold- or flu-like symptoms.
- Our staff and volunteers will not handle newly-donated objects for at least one week after they have been donated. You will need to bring the object(s) into the building and place them in a designated area.
- We can accept donations ONLY between 1:00 and 4:00 PM on Wednesdays. Please contact us beforehand (250-428-9262 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to make arrangements.
Volunteering: We miss our volunteers! We totally understand that you might have concerns that keep you from joining us in person – but if we put our thinking caps on, there’s probably some way you could join us virtually. Give us a shout and we’ll figure something out. If you do feel comfortable coming in, please know we are doing everything we can to ensure everyone’s safety. A big part of that is making sure we don’t have too many people working in too-small spaces, so please call Tammy to schedule your time in advance (we won’t be able to accommodate random drop-in volunteering, unfortunately). We have masks and hand sanitizer for your use, and will disinfect common surfaces before and after your shift. And, of course, please don’t come in if you’re experiencing cold- or flu-like symptoms.